Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 743 changed temp sensor now no power

Bubba420 · 2022-06-08 22:58

First off I am the furthest thing from a mechanic. I have a what I believe is a fuel issue, it runs for about 1 hr then slowly loses power then dies. Will start back up and run a few minutes then dies. It also is running hot and I had a guy tell me to change the temp sensor. So after about 30 min it lost power and died. So I went ahead and changed the temp sensor while it was down. Now I have no power at the key. It won't do anything, I have absolutely nothing. Any ideas?

Replies7
  1. #1Coaldust2022-06-09 02:18

    Hey Bubba, Put the 420 down and let’s think this through. Holy cow. Bobcat down. Let’s pull it together and focus. My word. Ok. How’s the fuel level? Did it just start happening all of a sudden or has it been progressively getting worse? But now it has no power? No cranky? OMG! You probably knocked something loose while you were changing the sensor. Check the battery connections. Maybe you shorted something out. Check the fuses and report back. I’m standing by.

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-06-09 07:33

    Welcome to HEF, Bubba !

  3. #3Bubba4202022-06-09 09:03

    Haha the 420 in this case doesn't stand for what it does most of the time. I've checked everything I can think of. There isn't a connection I can find that is loose or disconnected

  4. #4Vetech632022-06-09 09:56

    Have you checked the battery voltage? Maybe the alternator failed and the battery is dead

  5. #5Bubba4202022-06-09 10:11

    No sir but will when I get home

  6. #6BobCatBob2022-06-22 20:10

    Fuel filter new? Air filter? Battery good? Alternator putting out 13+ Volts?

  7. #7Bumpsteer2022-06-22 22:55

    A 743 is a simple creature, its also old. Fuel issue, replace the pick up tube, lines to the filter and the squeeze bulb. B-cat has an inexpensive check valve for the pick up tube, get one. Ed