Case 1840 loud vibration issue Hi, I have a Case 1840 which has a loud vibration when I throttle it up. I had a helper increase the throttle while I looked around the machine. Seems to be coming from the hydraulic pump at the back of the machine. When I place a pry bar and pry up on the pump the machine runs smooth with no vibration. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Worn pump or some kind of engine mount or bushing? I don’t see anything obvious. Thanks.
Check the rear engine mounts
Welcome to HEF, Longhorn ! From the parts book. #8 & #8
I’ll second that. My motor mount was shot and the fan got into the lower radiator tank. Also blew out the suction hose on the rear hydraulic pump. Got that fixed and put in a new motor mount. Can’t believe how much better it sounds! I kind of thought it didn’t sound right, but couldn’t identify the problem until all of this happened.
Thanks for the replies everyone I’ll be sure to check the engine mounts!