Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 743 Diesel

123paw paw · 2017-10-23 07:39

Diesel can anyone show me a breakdown of the brake clutches on a bobcat 743 diesel I have ordered a manual but it hasn’t come in yet

Replies9
  1. #1Welder Dave2017-10-24 00:53

    A 743 is hydrostatic and doesn't have clutches.

  2. #2Ronsii2017-10-24 04:09

    I think he means the parking brake... mine has two free floating discs that get clamped in a brake block with brass plungers... I think.. been a while since I had it apart. If no one else puts it up for you I'll dig up my manual... but it might be a few days before I can get to it as we're pretty busy right now. It is fairly straight forward how it goes together you really don't need a manual

  3. #3123paw paw2017-10-24 05:52

    Yes your correct,mine are smooth as a baby’s bottom and I would have thought they would be lined like a clutch.Dave you are correct my machine doesn’t have clutches.First time in one of these so any pointers would be much appreciated

  4. #4kshansen2017-10-24 07:09

    Been a couple years or more since touched the 743 at the place I retired from but here is a link that might help a little: https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser You can either look by S/N or Model numbers and at least see the parts breakdowns and part numbers with quantities, often that is enough. Along with help from people here.

  5. #5123paw paw2017-10-24 07:14

    Great Thank you appreciate all help

  6. #6kshansen2017-10-24 09:55

    Just a note, when I looked at the parts picture for the brake they only show one disk, but if you check the quantity it does say "2" so kee that in mind when looking at any of the other pictures!

  7. #7123paw paw2017-10-24 20:58

    Ok so looking at the breakdown and I'm guessing this parking brake is using the brake block to wedge against both brake plates?

  8. #8Ronsii2017-10-24 21:44

    Inside the block there are two slots that the discs ride in, when the parking brake is applied there are three brass pucks/chunks/plungers... one on the inside between the two discs and one on each outside of a disc they form a sandwich.. brass-disc-brass-disc-brass these get compressed when the brake is applied

  9. #9Jonas3022017-10-24 22:16

    is this an older one with a threaded rod adjuster from the brake pedal? If you out of adjustment the blocks can be reset and adjustment started over hardly ever need to be replaced I cant remember how to do it with out looking but your manual should show when it comes