Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 743 hydraulic problem

ramdieselsmoke ยท 2010-03-25 20:14

i got this bobcat over the winter and used it for some snow removal.has 3700hours, anyway i moved it a few days ago and the bucket came up about 2ft and stopped then the tilt would tilt very slow but only one way, i checked the hydraulic fluid and its not low, i do have a leak on the aux hydraulic line, it got worse a week ago to a steady drip durring oppertion. im wondering if i got air in my lines or something went. the machine moves in forward and reverse fine, but the bucket will go up slow but not come down and the tilt only dumps but wont retract. any help would be great. before the machines opperation was very fast and worked as it should.thanks

Replies21
  1. #1ramdieselsmoke2010-03-25 20:18

    also the machine sat for a few weeks, then when i started it this problem ocurred. worked fine before i parked it two weeks ago.

  2. #2Part sman2010-03-25 20:48

    Sounds like your aux are engaged. Grab the right stick and pull it toward the center of cab

  3. #3ramdieselsmoke2010-03-25 20:55

    i will give it a shot tomorrow, i always wondered how to opperate the aux. thanks

  4. #4Part sman2010-03-25 21:04

    With no attachment on and aux engaged machine will only lift and dump. Most 743s won't even start with aux engage due to load on engine. So it starting is a good indication that the engine is strong.

  5. #5wildhorse trnr2010-03-26 10:40

    It definitely sounds like the aux. are engaged.

  6. #6ramdieselsmoke2010-03-26 12:07

    i just walked over to it this morning and clicked the handle to the middle like u said sure enough, problem solved! thanks for the help because i honeslty had no clue. saved me allot! thanks again!

  7. #7stovein2010-03-26 16:06

    If you aren't going to use the aux hyd down on the bottom of the right hand stick there is a hole that you can drop a 3/8 bolt in to prevent it from engaging. You may have to lift the cab to see it, if I remember it is just above the cross shaft.

  8. #8howe_baker2010-03-30 16:06

    I have a Bobcat A300, with the optional joystick controls, the problem I have is, it is stuck in low range, when I press the button on the left joystick with the rabbit symbol it will not go any faster, the codes come up with 12-22 and 40-04.

  9. #9deco2010-04-02 15:28

    hi howe well the code 40-04 means right smart grip in error so maybe there is a lose connection behind the switch or a lose connection under the floor beside the solenoid if thats any help to you...

  10. #10dboyd2010-06-02 23:52

    anyone know why the red button under the seat pours out hyd.fluid ?

  11. #11lminter2402010-06-24 13:35

    Bobcat 843- I have problem, I can UNLOCK hydraulic system, I replaced lock sensor still, steering, back and Fw. OK, but no lift no dump. Please help me, thank you Lou

  12. #12willie592010-06-24 21:36

    Are all the LED indicator lights lit up on the BICS controller?

  13. #13lminter2402010-06-25 09:57

    Unlock hydraulic YES, LIGHTS INDICATOR IS OFF ALL TIME Thanks

  14. #14lminter2402010-06-25 09:59

    Unlock hydraulic system YES, I CHECK BUT WORK GOOD Thanks

  15. #15lminter2402010-06-29 19:52

    Thanks ALL, 843 Bobcat Unlock hydraulic system, is fixed thank you ALL

  16. #16jtwthaxj2010-07-03 12:07

    I have a random issue with a 743B that I have borrowed from a friend. I told him that I would fix small problems for him. I am having an issue with the hydraulics, the light started flashing the other day so I topped off the fluid. The light went off when the engine was revved up but at idle it would stay on. Got to reading and found out that if the light stayed on when the machine is at temp. the filter should be changed. I changed the hydraulic filter and filled it partially with fuild, cranked it and the light continues to stay on. Friend used to be a contractor a few years ago, and since then the bobcat sits in the woods at his house or he lets folks borrow it. I am the first to attempt maintenance in years. Replaced all filters thus far dumped the fuel tank (to remove gunk clogging fuel line), and replaced the muffler so I can hear myself think now. I'm a pretty competent mechanic, but I'm really used to autos. PLEASE help all suggestions are welcome. Could a hydraulic leak cause this?

  17. #17hasher2011-01-14 17:33

    did you figure out what was wrong with your a300? i have the same machine thats doing the same thing and has the same two codes. i need help!

  18. #18hasher2011-01-14 17:35

    the last post was intended for "howe_baker" on page 1.

  19. #19yates002013-08-31 18:12

    Need help with error codes 40-04 and 12-22 on a t250 (same problem as two others on this thread). It's been to the shop twice for the problem and it still not fixed. 1st shop visit, they claimed loose battery cable. 2nd shop visit, they found chaffed wire on LEFT grip harness. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  20. #20JEROLD SCHNEIDER2020-03-18 07:34

    I have 863 had to replace hoses and rebuild lift cylinders now the cylinders don't lift evenly sometimes 1 side lifts then other side pedal reverses it self can anyone help.

  21. #21Welder Dave2020-03-18 19:13

    I think it's a better idea to start a new thread if it's not related to the OP's original post. Don't have one thread for 6 people's different hyd. problems with different models of Bobcats. It just confuses everything and you don't know who's responding to who etc.