Hello, I'm considering buying an old bobcat 743. The owner moved it a few meter(towing), and after this there where some noise from pump area. He continued driving it for a while, but it got much worse. So now it's very noisy, don't even now if it's drivable anymore... Is it worth repairing, anyone know what could be the scenario, best and worse case? I would guess some seals blew when towing, and maybe that blew the pump when he continued using it?
He probably blew the rotating group apart inside of the pump. If he would have cracked the hoses loose or opened up the bypass(if there is one) he wouldn't have a problem. You are probably looking at $1200-3000 in parts
Thanks for replying, will check more when I get it, if I buy it
Dismounted it yesterday, seems like I'm lucky... Looks like it's only the U-Joint that has snapped, the pump looks good. Don't know for sure before I've mounted a new U-Joint back.