Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 743 noisy hydrostatic motors, is this normal?

cheap ยท 2006-12-22 21:18

Just got a bobcat 743, 1988 year. when you move it the motors are noisy, like cavitation. but machine moves fine, pushes good, but is this the first sign the hydrostatic motors are going? hours show 2200. I ran a t130 (I think thats the model) and it was a little noisy, but have nothing else to compare it to. would like to here back from someone who has used a 743 and let me know if this is normal.

Replies1
  1. #1jimsbcs2006-12-23 02:49

    There are inline screens, can't remember if one for each motor of just one, but it or they are probably plugged. been a while since I messed with one. I was going to suggest changing filter but when that plugs it will alarm when you start it cold. Seems like I remember screens being way down by the motors though. they look like a inline filter. Jim