Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jeremy from utah is interested in a case 70XT

jeremy28 ยท 2006-12-23 18:13

I am looking for a case skidsteer to buy. I have it narrowed down to a case 70xt or possibly a case 75xt. However, someone told me that the 75xt has a lot of problems including a bad hydraulic system. Is this true? Also, if anyone knows where i can get a 70xt (2003-2004) under 1000 hours then hook me up. Saltlake city and las vegas are near to where i live. Thanks!

Replies16
  1. #1jeremy282006-12-23 18:21

    jeremy from utah again just wondering if anyone knows about what the value of a 2004 - 2005 case 70xt that has about 1,000 hours in the western United States (utah/nevada/colorado/idah) etc?

  2. #2digger242j2006-12-23 23:31

    Welcome to the forums, Jeremy! I merged your two threads, since they're pretty much the same thing. This way everyone will see both your posts, and be able to reply, without having to use two separate threads. I also added a little detail to the title, so that everyone will know what it's about.

  3. #3stuvecorp2006-12-24 01:11

    We have a '05 440 Case skid and its sort of a love/hate deal. Have been told that the older series (XT) are better than the new 400's (hearing this after we got it of course). Have had electrical glitches with it, never anything major just really annoying. I wanted to put the VTS track system on but the axles aren't strong enough, the XT's can handle it though. Guys in town are breaking axles that are running the VTS. Case has great power but maybe look at some other brands (hate to say it). Check out machinerytrader.com or local dealers in your area for a machine. Hope it helps, good luck.

  4. #4mflah872006-12-24 21:55

    one problem with the cases is the battery. A friend of mine has a 90xt and i went to jump start him one snowstorm and you have to flip the cab over and pull a panel out. Takes longer to do that than to jumpstart the damn thing.

  5. #5Woodstock2006-12-25 13:28

    I would check with a John Deere, you can get the hand or foot controls on it like a case. They are easy to work on, every thing is easy to get to. I have a JD 328 which is about the same size as the 270's. It is sterdy not tipsy, and great power. I have played on all makes and models, I was most impressed with he Deere. Good luck!:yup

  6. #6KSSS2006-12-27 13:56

    I have had both a 70XT and currently have a 440. I liked the 70XT never had any real problems with it. I put 1500 hours on it and traded in for a 440. The 70XT was sold before it ever hit the ground at the dealer. I have 400 hours on the 440. I have not had any warranty issues with it. The controls are much nicer on the 440. The power is great. I really don't have anything to complain about with it. I think it is about as productive as you can get in that size machine.

  7. #7stuvecorp2006-12-27 14:27

    KSSS, I agree about the power, the 440 is an animal. The 2 speed is great. One thing about our 440 is that we can't get the power to the ground, ran CRT poly tracks and then Loegering steel tracks and even at reduced throttle it will spin. Do you have a cab on yours? Our cab isn't sealed up so the dust gets in real bad, dealer said its normal. Just curious.

  8. #8CascadeScaper2006-12-27 15:07

    Yeah, Cat B series skids have the same dust problem with the cabs. I hear the new C series skid steers are supposed to be pressurized, that will be nice.

  9. #9KSSS2006-12-27 19:59

    I do have a cab and yes it doesn't seal very well. I take the door off in the summer I did not get AC just heat. I got AC and heat in a 465 and it isn't sealed any better than the 440. I contacted the factory and spoke one of the lead engineers. A complete cab redo is in the works currently. I was really not happy with cab controls on the 465. The 440 probably has more power than it can use in some ground conditions. We are currently working at about 8500 feet and the extra power is sure nice. I put heavy lug chains on the tires and it hooks up much better. The machine could weigh another 1000 pounds and I think it would be able to use more of that power.

  10. #10DigDug2006-12-29 07:32

    I had a Case 75xt and had good luck with it. I would buy another. doug

  11. #11DigDug2006-12-29 07:35

    My friends 90xt has two posts in the back of the machine for jump starting. Just swing open the rear door and take the red plastic cap off the post and jump start it.

  12. #12KSSS2007-01-12 20:16

    The remote terminals I think came along in 03. At least thats when I started getting that option. It is great. The machine is practically a mobile job start box. Really comes in handy on a job site. I have yet to have to use it to jump start the skid steer.

  13. #13pedro2007-01-28 22:57

    70xt operability Our Machine was new about twenty six thousand, plus delivery fob... The Case 70XT search in google turned up one or two for sale. We had no problems for two years, then a hydraulic motor failed. Battery on this machine is easier to access compared to an 1845C, now under the floor plate. Tbe value is what price you are willing to pay, and the seller is willing to sell. The cost will be somewhere around 24 thousand, in my estimation. Why would you buy a used one?

  14. #14KSSS2007-01-29 00:09

    The 440 has different drives than did the 70XT. The 440 uses Rex Roth the 70XT used something other than that (I can't remember, perhaps its was Eaton). I don't know if they had failures with Eaton or whoever, but the new machines run Rex Roth. The best thing about the 440 over the 70XT is the two speed. That may be the reason for the change in hyd. components.

  15. #15SlickNick2007-01-29 02:59

    Im pretty sure the whole XT line is like this. never heard of fliping the cab up to jump.

  16. #16JACC2007-01-29 22:45

    The battery post and kill switch is an option on the XT's and the 400's. The battery is under the metal plate where you put your feet. Remove it, dig the dirt out then jump start