Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 743 Spool Valve Leak – Throttle Control Plate Leak – Hour Meter Issue

Old Man River · 2024-09-03 08:03

Bobcat 743 SN: 501911001 & Above I attempt to do as much research as I can on my own before I start to ask questions. With that being said I am on the uphill portion of the learning curve when it comes to hydraulics. I have rebuilt the lift and tilt cylinder successfully in the past but now I am on to a leaking spool valve. With some time and effort I was able to identify the leak, although I do have the shop manual for the machine it does not provide instruction as to how to rebuild/repair the leak. It appears that this can be done with the hydraulic unit in the machine. The reason for posting here is to hopefully be pointed in their right direction or acquire good information from a good source as to how to carry out the repair as well as getting my hands on the correct parts. When looking at the Bobcat Parts catalog I was able to identify the spool valve(s) But it appears there are options and it instructed me to “see note” regarding the parts but I do not see any notes to refer to. I also have a leak at the throttle control plate I did come across some information regarding completing that repair but again just want to find the correct way along with a good parts to carry it out from a reliable source. Lastly I attempted to install a new hour meter in the past but failed. I found some info with a method to wire it in so that it would run with the key in the on position but I did not have any success. I would also like some recommendations on a good parts source other than the dealer/OEM if any exist. Thanks in advance for any and all who attempt to help. ReplyForward Add reaction

Replies1
  1. #1Old Man River2024-09-03 12:16

    Also a fuel leak that I am having trouble find the source of. I cleaned the area up and ran the machine stationary at WOT to look for an active leak for ~10' and saw nothing and made intermittent checks while operating. I just went out to run it to move some fire wood and saw this again as soon as I opened the door. Appears to be a line fitting...