Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 743B

garebel ยท 2012-09-28 21:38

Bobcat left drive motor will only work in reverse. Also leaking hydraulic oil into chain case. This is a Char-Lynn motor. Has anyone had similar problem and have any info regarding repair?

Replies5
  1. #1willie592012-09-28 21:49

    If you're filling chain case with hyd oil, likely that drive motor has blown a biscuit. You can get a replacement motor from Loader Parts Source, typically a few bucks cheaper than Bobcat. http://www.loaderpartssource.com/

  2. #2garebel2012-09-28 22:03

    Biscuit? Are you referring to valve plate, seals or o rings???????? Do 99% of repairs myself but have not worked on this motor before.

  3. #3willie592012-09-28 22:40

    I mean gone south, bought the farm, titts up, I don't rebuild those motors as when they start dumping oil in the chain case it's because there's some serious wear/failure with the motor. I prefer to get a motor from LPS as I don't have time to fool with hoping my motor repairs will work and that the LPS motor comes with a warranty. Check the case drain filters for the two drive motors. If one has a lot of metal fragments in it, there's your problem motor.

  4. #4garebel2012-09-28 23:08

    do you mean the hydraulic filters? I do hear where you are coming from regarding LPS motor and I may end up going that way...but I have to learn as much as possible before making my dicsion. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

  5. #5crewchief8882012-09-30 11:13

    if i'm not mistaken, the original drive motors are NLA from bobcat, and were replaced with an updated design motor, with a larger case drain port and larger case drain hoses :drinkup