Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 743B

CASE1234 ยท 2019-06-10 09:04

I need the front hydraulic ram for the bucket. what models do I need to search for. thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2019-06-10 18:27

    What's wrong with the ram? A new rod could be made. As far as a model 743B and you probably need a serial number incase they changed somewhere along the way.

  2. #2Ronsii2019-06-10 18:46

    Yep, like Dave says what wrong with it? when mine went south I though about just replacing it(15 years ago) but once I figured out what they were going for I changed my mind and just put a new gland on the end of it probably could have used a new rod also but... oh well maybe next time... And getting them apart is no easy matter!!! when they been together for more than 1-20 years so look up some of the threads on fixing cylinders that are here on HEF... plenty of tricks that will save you time and possibly destroying your can.

  3. #3CASE12342019-06-10 23:32

    the bobcat I bought was missing it so I need a good used or new one. thanks

  4. #4Ronsii2019-06-10 23:53

    Oh, I was afraid you were going to say something like that.... Unless you can find someone parting out one that still has the tilt cylinder finding a used one will be pretty hard. New one.... well long ago when mine had a problem I went to the dealer and basically it would cost more than I had into the machine!!! I can't remember the actual size of the cylinder but in your case it may be worth looking into fitting a generic cylinder in there if you can't find a working used one...

  5. #5Welder Dave2019-06-11 00:10

    If you can get the dimensions a hyd. shop could build you a cylinder. 743's were very popular, not sure if the B's use the same cylinder but check with Bobcat dealers. They may be able do a dealer search for used parts. I wouldn't put a light duty farm type cylinder on it.