Just rebuilt my V1702 had to redo some harnesses I turned key on heard the shut off solenoid clicked the next time no click but it was hot I have continuous power going to it key is off I plug it in it clicks and gets hot could it be the time relay is gone new battery and cables are install checked all grounds they are good
Hello Sir Sometimes you need to check that the shut off solenoid plunger bottoms out and that it is not being held up by the linkage other wise the solenoid will remain in the pull state and not transition over to the hold position and in doing so it will get extremely hot. I have not worked on this particular model but I did find this info online. I'm just not sure if it relates to your specific machine model but you may be able to tell from the diagrams. Best regards
I did replace the O ring in it and adjusted it as it says nothing in the way trying to find out why there is power to fuel solenoid even with key off and both timers are wired to starter and into S on the starter glow plug timer works fine
I have this electrical schematic. Hopefully it may be of some help. The only issue I can think of is a faulty timer module unless there is a voltage feed tapped into the line from somewhere else?
Thanks for the help I do have the service manual was just hoping to narrow my search down sent what my rebuilt engine looks like
Nice work. Those Kubota engines seemed to be a good reliable power plant for the bobcats.
Thanks just was going over it it has a diode in it was wondering if that’s could be the problem will check how much is coming out should not be 12 volts right
I cannot see the diode on the electrical diagram. I would agree that there should not be any power there when the key is off and I can only think that a diode in the circuit would be used to suppress the coils back EMF Voltage when the power is removed from the coil.
About passed out trying to read that!
This is from a parts book that covers all serial numbers and when I get to my shop will send my electrical diagram
This is from parts book show it but only next to harness
This is my wording diagrams from my service manual
One on the left is the diode wires going to S terminal on the starter solenoid
Ok now I see the diode you are questioning. there are 2 diodes in my reference manual. It shows one as a fused switched supply to the alternators Exciter terminal 14R for charge current regulation. Not sure why it is not drawn in your manual?. in your parts diagram it does look like it is in the alternator harness connector. There is a second diode ( shown in your manual ) that is feeding the glow plug relay coming from the s terminal of the battery via the engine start relay. With reference to ground and a battery supply of 12VDC then the alternator diode will show a voltage 11.2 volts aprox on the cathode side when the key is on. The glow plug diode will be the same when cranking the engine over. I don't think there should be any voltage across the diodes when the key is off.