Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 751 Froze Up, Won’t Move, No Lift, No Bucket!

Ezyoper8tor ยท 2016-11-20 11:28

Howdy, New to this site and I am stuck! I am in desperate need for someone with a bigger brain and a deeper pool of patience to give me a hand figuring this mess out! I saw a post similar to this, but I tried moving the relays around like it was suggested in that post and nothing changed.. Here's the issue: Bobcat 751 with rectangular headlights. The machine had a leak off a fitting to the the control valve. After several hours of contorting, I finally got it cinched up and no more leak. It would start up, and as it was running, the pump had a grinding/whining noise like it was loading up, but all functions worked. Neighbor borrowed the machine to do some light grading, and it broke down over at his house. I got the machine home, and started to look into the issue, but nothing was happening, no movement in the wheels and no motion in the arms or the bucket. Left the machine sitting for a month or so and went off doing other projects, and came back to it. For the first 30 seconds that I fired the machine up, the grinding sound in the pump was back, and I was able to tilt the bucket to where the teeth were off the ground, but no lift and no movement in the wheels. And then the grinding/whining sound went away and no more tilt either. Hydraulic oil is half way up the dipstick. The lap bar light and the traction light both come on constant, but the other two lights the seat and the lift val light blink twice. Is this electrical? Is no noise from the pump a sign that the pump is shot? Or what?? I am at a loss. If there are other posts about this, and hopefully about solutions, please point me in that direction. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1mikebramel2016-11-21 11:10

    Is this a belt drive one, make sure that is tight

  2. #2Ezyoper8tor2016-11-21 14:28

    That did the trick! Thanks Mike! Pulled the battery out of the way to get a wrench on the shaft nut and sure as hell, the belt was dangling. Checked to make sure the pump was turning freely, and the pulley slid right under the belt while turning. Adjusted the tensioner, fired it up, and all functions are back to normal. Where do I send the beer.....you saved me a few hours of chasing wires and replacing relays, etc etc etc.....I was SURE it was electrical!

  3. #3mikebramel2016-11-21 14:45

    Been there LOL

  4. #4thepumpguysc2016-11-21 14:52

    Send Mikes beer to me.. its closer..

  5. #5Ezyoper8tor2016-11-21 16:04

    Hell yeah, I could damn near drive it up there