Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 751 question

sporq ยท 2021-11-28 14:12

Hello. So I purchased a Bobcat 751, and this will be my first winter with it. How do you turn on the glow-plugs on these units? Anyone know? Thanks, -b

Replies5
  1. #1Rob Gunn2021-11-29 10:44

    If I recall correctly on my 751 that I no longer have the ignition key turned to the left activated the glow plugs. I would count to 10 seconds then turn key to the right to start. Repeat as needed...

  2. #2sporq2021-11-29 12:40

    Hey Rob -- thanks for the reply. This unit has, on the left panel, two red-lights that come on when you turn the key to the right, but I can't tell what they're for -- the writing is missing/rubbed off somehow. There is also a little rocker-switch directly above those lights which has what *looks* like a lightbulb on it, but if you press it it automatically goes back to the original position when you lift your finger. I suspect that might(?) also be a glow-plug switch? I don't know, there's no other indicator. I suppose I might just have to break down and purchase a users' manual. Thanks.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2021-11-29 13:45

    A test lite would be cheaper.?? Get someone to hold the test lite and u run the switches..

  4. #4Rob Gunn2021-11-30 08:49

    I would say that the rocker switch could be it? Test it with a test light is the only way to know for sure. let us know what you find.

  5. #5hookedondiesel2021-12-02 09:11

    If you "google" your machine and look under "images", you'll see your switch "with the light bulb", look's like it's for the glow plug's.