Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVL90-2 skid steer AC compressor clutch doesn’t engage

Todd Holland ยท 2021-11-30 10:36

I'm new here I hope this is the correct way to ask. I have a 2013 Kubota SVL90-2 skid steer that the AC compressor clutch doesn't engage when the AC is turned on. Are they a way to bypass the clutch wiring to engage the clutch to recharge / Check the freon in the system?

Replies4
  1. #1MFIHCAT2022-02-04 09:36

    Always a way to bypass. But first make sure condenser fan is not packed with debris which caused fuse to blow. The evaporators on these machines plugged up fast, causing poor AC performance. The AC clutch will not engage if engine is not running.

  2. #2Arny L2022-02-04 19:44

    Definitely, check for debris, also check fuses. If that looks ok, find the AC relay, and jump 30 to 87, engine running, if your compressor engages, you'll know the wiring is good from relay to compressor. See if your air runs cold, it should if your charge is good, if it doesn't, then its empty and you have a leak. If it does run cold, but wont engage with controls, then you have a wiring issue from control switch to relay. Either no ground at relay, or no power with control switch on. This is a generalized version of a typical AC system

  3. #3hookedondiesel2022-02-05 09:25

    From what little I know about AC, I was always told that the clutch will not engage if Freon is low or empty as a protection.

  4. #4Arny L2022-02-05 10:10

    Thats true, hookedon diesel, to prevent a vacum being drawn on system. However, the idea is not to run ac system permanently by passed, this is a momentary test. Alternately, you could jump relay pins, engine not running, and you will still hear audible click from compressor clutch. The engine running test, confirms wiring integrity and charge in one test.