G'day, I have had my 753 for about 7 years with the usual get to know you faults. At the time I bought it it had a Dirt King Backhoe attachment. I made certain it all functioned at the time - new seals in valves, etc and quick connect couplings. Put it under the shed but bought an Excavator and never used it. Eventually decided to sell it and stop it taking up space but connected and nothing works. No hydraulic oil has leaked out in that time. Bobcat works fine and I had the green light on for continuous flow etc but nothing will move - even a little. Hard to think all the valves would be stuck. No load on the Bobcat when I move the levers on the backhoe. I would think the hoses would jump if there was a blockage??? All ideas welcome - valve bank is easy to get to and feed hoses go to either end - Italian Valve Bank. Thanks - MX45
Start simple, if there are no lights blinkings or codes being set, not sure what series you have, electrically everything should be fine. I would flip the cab and look at the two coils on top of the vavle, these control the aux function. I'd guess the coil retaining nut came loose and the coil fell off and is dangling by the wires.
Bobcat works fine and I had the green light on for continuous flow etc but nothing will move - you did pull the trigger to turn on flow to the aux couplers didnt you?
G'day Crew Chief, et al, What trigger??? I only worked the backhoe 7 years ago or thereabouts and have not used anything other than the bucket since. I only recall pressing the button on the top right to get the green light for continuous flow??? If there is another switch that would certainly explain nothing happening and although embarassing I am ready to eat humble pie. Where is the trigger??? There are two triggers on the front of the steering bars??? I cant see anything else. I have teh backhoe attached and cant go up a slope until I can move the angles of the backhoe to carry it over the bumps. I will look at the coils under the seat as well - I think it must be something simple but you are looking at someone with only backyard experience (big backyard) on these machines. Thanks for any help once again. MX45
Well - humble pie - pressed the RHS switch and bingo backhoe worked - only to discover that somewhere underneath the boom is a blown hose. Oh well - I should be able to figure that one out - lots of hydraulic oil spitting - just hard to see as it is covered by the boom framework. Cheers - simple is good even though it means I have another job now, Regards, MX45
Update - when you leave something and dont use it in the end it becomes useless - four main hoses are interconnected by four steel pressure lines. Dirt King did not make any drain holes on the clamping assembly to keep the steel lines from rubbing on the hydraulic cylinders. Needless to say but let me say it all four rusted out the lines they hold - so not just the one for bucket curl but three others. Off to the hydraulic shop on Monday. Anyone in Australia know a budget place to get decent hydraulic lines made???? Thanks, MX45.