Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 drive control problems

Leezy ยท 2013-01-22 06:51

Hi all, Does anyone know why, when I push the steering levers, (either forward or reverse), where you would expect around 20% output and hold it there I can hear the hydra-static pumps working but the wheels on the left side only creep while the right is trying to do all the work and then all of a sudden they hook up and take off causing the wheels to dig holes in the sand? We have swapped the right and left drive motors but the problem has remained on the left. It's not something i would call intermittent either, it happens enough that I can only spend short times in it before I'm over it and shut it down. Could this be the relief valves that are positioned on the back side of the hydra-static pumps????

Replies4
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-01-22 08:35

    Have you checked the linkage? Most of the times when the steering is real jerky, the pintal levers are loose on the swash plate shafts. This is noramlly caused by the shadt seal leaking making the alumuinm levelers loosen up. I have had machines that were just about undrivable because of this and would be the very first thing I would at.

  2. #2Leezy2013-01-22 09:18

    Yeah we've been through all of that and everything is in really good condition. I actually had a mechanic from one of the equipment supply mobs in Perth and he agrees that the machine, (linkages etc), are in very good condition. We can hear the pumps working as soon as i move the levers so we figure the linkages are fine, it's the delay in, or sometimes even total lack of drive power getting to the left wheels. Not sure if this helps but, when holding the two levers fully forward the machine drives almost perfectly straight, same in reverse.

  3. #3crewchief8882013-01-23 15:33

    it's possible to have 2 bad reliefs, but not probable. my best guess is you have a pump going bad, since the problem stays on the same side. full the hyd filter, dump it into a clean container, and check for brass & metal in the oil. is there any "pulsing" or vibration in the affected side when you start to drive that side? :drinkup

  4. #4Waynebridges2015-10-09 10:15

    Hey Leezy would you mind giving me a call (913) 208-5430 Wayne Bridges. I have a 1991 753 bobcat with the same issues as your, I'd like to ask you a couple questions. Thank you so much