Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat.753 enter button not working

frasier ยท 2023-06-10 05:41

I have a Bobcat 753 with the deluxe panel witch was working fine until yesterday, I entered my password and got the desired **** on the display but when I hit enter ... Nothing. I've tried hard pressing the button , holding the button , resetting the power ( disconnecting then reconnecting battery) but nothing is working. I'm going to buy a keyed panel today but I don't know how to make it work as I need the enter button and my passcode to downgrade the ignition . Is there any way to force downgrade without needing the enter button

Replies6
  1. #1frasier2023-06-10 20:00

    *Update* I installed The key panel and turned the key to on and then left panel came on so thinking all was good I turned the key to start and nothing. So I looked back at the left panel display read 34-04, a quick Google search later I found out that means deluxe panel in error. So I leave the key in the on position get out and jump the starter solenoid with a screwdriver and boom it starts and starts rolling forward. Slowly but still.. quickly jump into the cab and pull back on the levers to stop it. Back to the point machine is running I'm back in the cab seat bar down and I press the button to operate loader and press on the foot pedals ... Nothing

  2. #2ozarkag2023-06-11 19:00

    You will need to find a working keyless panel to do the downgrade to keyed panel. And also will need the factory passcode.

  3. #3JBrady2023-06-12 16:33

    I am surprised it started at all without an accepted key code. Ozark is right, you will have to have a working keyless panel to downgrade. Alternatively, I think you can replace your keyless panel with another keyless panel yourself, even if you don't have the machine's master code. When I upgraded to the keyless panel, the dealer gave me the passcode only after providing him a notarized bill of sale and ID. Your dealer may or may not be willing to provide you that number, they keep it pretty guarded.

  4. #4frasier2023-06-14 05:30

    I do have the master code safely stored with my business partner, the one financing the whole thing. I also have an owner code witch I set. So I do not think that will be an issue.. so now to the hard part the circuit board or pcb. I am pretty tech savvy so I took the panel apart and was greeted with 2 pcbs one with all the connectors and one containing the screen, I was also greeted with a membrane switch sheet basically the circuit board behind the buttons except it is not hard plastic it's just a plastic sheet with a few layers containing "wiring" that makes up a bunch of paired half circles (both sides of each represent a button that when pressed a metal dome makes contact allowing you or me or anyone to enter passcode and operate our beloved machines) these half circles lead to a pin out on the main board of the keyless panel it's a 12 pin in line where pin 12 is a dedicated ground for the entire thing and the rest are a 2 pin combo each unique to a particular key I know for certain that p1&p2 is the combo for the enter key and that combo cannot be used again on the keypad I have already traced the pins I need to downgrade even if I have no keypad it should work if I do it exactly like the video on YouTube I watched of a downgrade done by isocell wish me luck and I'll post a tutorial thread if it works otherwise I'm still on square 4. 1-3 was getting the engine started and running correctly.

  5. #5frasier2023-06-14 08:12

    Well anyone have a keyless panel o can borrow for 20 minutes ? Otherwise I'm screwed

  6. #6ozarkag2023-06-14 15:21

    Isocell is good, we have them reman our panels. I have one here. . .