I am new and have a problem with my 2003 Bobcat skidsteer,How do I post to get help.The rules state that I can't start a new thread. Thanks to all
My Bobcat 753 Keeps on blowing the fuse of the traction control and therefore I can't move it as the traction stays on all the time.Also the light on the seat bar stays on sometimes.Are these related problems or the same problem. Thank you
Only kinda. The rules are that you need three posts in order to start a thread, and it's suggested in several places that you can get those three posts by posting in the "test" forum, where you don't even have to think of anything meaningful to say. Post one more now, and you can start all the threads you want. Either way, I put your question in its own thread. Hopefully somebody will be able to help you out. And welcome to HEF. :drinkup
Pony, I would say that the seat bar switch problem is tied into unit not moving. I have had a bad switch on the seat bar, which will not let the machine move due to safety. So when did you issue start, was it working fine then all of sudden you machine would move, have you raised the cab to see if there is any chaffing in the wiring harness? The back of the fuse block is very easy to get to with the cab raised to tracing the wiring. Does the fuse blow immediately, does the traction control light go out then come back on? You might send a pm to ATCOEQUIP here on the board he is very sharp, and has a lot of experience in equipment repairs. Bill
Sounds like either a chafed wire going to the brake solenoid, or the solenoid has failed, shorting out internally. I can't recall the ohm specs for the solenoid, but someone else here may have them.
Count 2 votes for that.
I can't remember about the 753 how much input the BICS controller has with traction lock solenoid, maybe mrfixitpaul remembers more about the fine details of them. I'm wondering if you can disconnect the traction lock solenoid and see if it no longers blows fuse? It's kinda hard to electrically test those solenoids because the way they operate. It takes ground on the black wire, 12V positive on the red wire, and at the same moment 12V on the white wire to pull in plunger, but the voltage on the white wire can be for no more than about 5 seconds or it will toast the solenoid. I can't remember if the 753 used a timer relay to control the voltage on white wire or if it was controlled by the BICS controller.
The 2003 should be a G series, 1 controller for the whole machine. If the solenoid is not connected, the controller will give an error code and not send power to the solenoid. You may be able to search this forum for the specs on the solenoid, or refer to a service manual. The traction lock coil should be the same on all bobcats from 95 through at least 2006 on all regular models ( not tracks or aws)...I haven't checked anything newer yet.
I Have a hunch it might be the solenoid shorting out.I just changed the battery and the positive lead of the old was lose.The fuse blew then we used the machine for a while before it blew again.Now it blows all the time.It must have gone progrssively worse.Where is the solenoid on the 03 model anyways. Thanks for all your help guys.
Raise the cab, it is just behind the kick panel. Gold in color with 3 wires, mounts with 2 1/4" bolts to the top of the chaincase. Removing the 2 3/8" bolts there will let you check the plunger part of the traction lock.
Drat, I had a feeling you were going to say that. :Banghead