Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 753 lift arms lock-up

juan#3 ยท 2016-03-27 13:51

I did removed the control valve from the bobcat 753 to replace a seal on one of the spools , after I put it back together on the bobcat 753 , turn on the engine it runs fine and drove back and forward good , but it do not lift the arms to disengage the lift arm support and the tilt do no work either,.. when I first start to work on it , I turn and pull-up the knob of the lift arm by-pass control , it is something to do whit it ? the reservoir hydraulic oil is full , no leak , help ! any idea please .

Replies6
  1. #1willie592016-03-27 15:13

    C, F, or G Series machine?

  2. #2juan#32016-03-27 17:42

    willie59 thank you for you replay, this is a F series bobcat 753 515815103

  3. #3willie592016-03-27 18:29

    Ok, F Series. In the future, be sure and note that on your posts, there's a big difference in those three series of machines. If I understand correctly you removed the main control valve from the machine and replaced the spool seals in at least one of the control spools, then when you re-installed the control valve the loader arm function and the bucket tilt function won't work, you can operate the foot pedals for both lift and tilt, but the functions won't work, it only loads up the engine a bit. Is that about right?

  4. #4juan#32016-03-27 19:47

    yeah , you got it right , plus it have the Lift Arm Support Device on , and when I do operate the foot pedals it loads the engine a bit , and sounds like air around the control valve,... the arms are all the way up , I do operate the pedals to disengage the lift arm support device but it do not work ... thank you for help me

  5. #5willie592016-03-27 20:00

    If the both the loader arms and the bucket tilt is locked, sounds like you have a problem with the BICS lock valve. On an F Series the BICS controller module is located on the back wall of the cab to the right of the seat (to your right when you're sitting in the seat). When you drop the lap bar and push the enable button to operate the loader are any of the LED lights on the BICS controller either not lit up or any flashing?

  6. #6juan#32016-03-27 20:46

    I just check that up , all the lights are on , but the traction lock goes on and of as I do engage or disengage the parking brake pedal