Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 753 lift pivot pins

meack ยท 2013-02-10 21:12

This may seem like a simple problem but I can't figure it out. I know you have to keep the pin bolts tight so I'm constantly checking them. They have been consistently tight till 2 days ago when the right bolt started loosening as the bucket tilted up and down, sometimes within fifteen minutes. You could actually watch the bolt go from being solid on the arm to moving with the bucket, able to turn by fingers. Any thoughts???? meack

Replies4
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-02-11 19:30

    The boom arm need to reamed. The pin is designed to wedge in tight and not turn. With a good fit, no more then setting the pin in the bore, it will wedge so tight I'll have to drive it back out. If the bore is worn and the pin doesn't wedge in there tight, the bolt will never stay tight.

  2. #2meack2013-02-12 19:04

    Turned out the pin broke, just the half inch on the end, so the bolt was still tightening but the pin was no longer wedged. Thanks for the advice Bobcatdan.

  3. #3grandpa2013-02-12 19:11

    Another problem solved on Hef.... ya gotta like that!!!

  4. #4RayF2013-02-12 19:16

    Sometimes the taper will wear out and will not retain the pin. I have bored quite a few out to take a new tapered bush that goes in as an interference fit and then welded as well. The bush is a standard part.