Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 No Hydraulic Pressure – Please Help!

snafu777 ยท 2009-03-19 22:30

I was using a older 753 this fall for a project and the machine was left outdoors over the winter here in NJ. When I fired it up this week I had no hydraulic pressure at all. The hydraulic fluid level is okay and the engine is running fine. I had a problem where a fuse blew at the end of last season and I couldn't start the engine at the key, but after replacing the fuse it worked fine. I'm wondering if there is some sort of electrical short that could affect the hydraulic pressure. Is there a bypass valve, or any electric control or lockout that could be causing the problem? Any suggestions will help. The machine is on an island in the middle of a lake so I can't just load it up and bring it in for service. Thanks for any help.

Replies2
  1. #174inchShovel2009-03-20 19:39

    Does it have a seat sensor or sensor for the safety bar- if I am not mistaken, either of these could cause no hydraulic power. Check for continuity, or power with a Volt-Ohm meter. Good luck

  2. #2bobcatmechanic2009-03-21 00:19

    check your drive belt if its loose or broken the engine will run but you will have limited drive force or no lift tilt or drive open the tail gate lft side remove the plastic cover you should either have a drive tensioner with a arrow on it or you have to use a fish scale and a bar that the dealer has to check it or you can just put the bar in their and tighten it up and call it good