I like my grouser tracks,but on hard packed snow & ice they slid around alot.I welded 1/2 inch nuts on the bars for traction and it helped.
How come you don't just take them off for the snow season?
Might try a hard surface pass across the pads. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to say. Not as good as you nutty idea but should work.
I dont have tire chains ,they work the best.I leave the tracks on all the time.They work good in snow,but if it gets packed or we have ice the flat bars act like a sled runner.So I welded the nuts on the bars,it helped alot.
That would work to.I got caught one morning,woke up to 10 inches of new snow on top of packed snow & ice.The nut was the quickest thing I came up with.Took about 2 hours to weld them on.We had more ice this winter than in other years.I am glad spring is here!
you could have put nuts and bolts through the holes for the rubber pads and sharpened the bolts up
I dont have the holes for the rubber pads.