Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 no tilt/lift

Moparl · 2022-07-14 21:25

So I am working on my fathers bobcat 753 and it has no bucket tilt/lift. To start, the main hydraulic manifold was removed and resealed due to a bad leak. The machine worked fine before this. After it was put back together is when we lost the function of the bucket. It has a BCIS module at the back of the cab which shows that it has power, seat bar signal and traction lock. The bucket lock flashes a code of 3 which the little book i have shows it as circuit shorted to ground or loss of ground. I have checked the solenoid and it shows 9.8 ohms. I also checked the wiring from the solenoid to the controller and it ohms out good. This makes me believe it’s the controller that is bad, but it seams odd that it went out in the time it was down for the manifold. Is there something I’m missing? I don’t really want to buy a $500 part for it to be something stupid

Replies10
  1. #1willie592022-07-14 21:37

    The solenoid reading looks good as it should read 8 - 10 ohm. Looks like the dark green harness wire is the power wire from the BICS controller from pin #1. Did you verify the black harness wire at the solenoid is making a good ground?

  2. #2Moparl2022-07-14 21:44

    The solenoid that I assume is for the lift/tilt lock has a dark blue and white wire going to it….the only other hydraulic solenoids I can see are for the aux. from the looks of it both wires go to the controller. I have not checked for actual ground at the solenoid since it started raining

  3. #3willie592022-07-14 21:58

    The solenoid wires could be any color, whatever colors the manufacturer of the solenoid coil decided to use, but for purposes of troubleshooting I'm referring to the wires of the Bobcat harness that plugs into the solenoid wires, should be dark green (signal wire) and black (ground wire). This is the BICS hydraulic lock valve solenoid on a 763C series, red arrow points to BICS lock valve, should be similar to your 753.

  4. #4Moparl2022-07-14 22:41

    The wires on the actual solenoid are both red. The bobcat harness is blue and white. The hydraulic manifold only has 2 solenoids on the top of it which I have learned are the auxiliary solenoids. The only other hydraulic solenoid on the machine is attached to a block in the back right corner under the seat directly behind the main valve manifold

  5. #5Moparl2022-07-14 22:43

    This is the manifold that was resealed

  6. #6willie592022-07-15 20:30

    You've likely have an early 753C model, on that machine the BICS solenoid valve is located in the tilt lock valve manifold tucked in behind the fuel fill hose directly to the rear of the main control valve. The BICS solenoid is located on the rear side of the tilt lock manifold.

  7. #7Moparl2022-07-17 11:47

    Yes that is the one I assumed was it. It all checks good. I went to the plug at the bcis and put power and ground to the solenoid wires and could hear it clicking. So the solenoid and all the wiring is good. The controller is also getting good power and ground at the plug. Lift lock light is still flashing 3 times. At this point I am pretty convinced that the bcis is toast unless there’s anything else that could be causing it that I am not aware of.

  8. #8Moparl2022-07-17 17:15

    Looks like my buddy, the one who changed the main hydraulic manifold out, accidentally swapped the parking brake connector with the lift/tilt lock connector. Its all is working now, I found a schematic and after looking at it for the 10th time I realized the issue. Thank you for your time

  9. #9willie592022-07-17 21:13

    Well that will certainly make it flip its wig.

  10. #10naseer19592022-11-18 10:20

    Moparl, Can you please post the picture of the schematic. Thanks.