I have an old 753 and the auxilary hydraulics stopped working recently. I finally found a new/used handle controller since you can't replace the switch in the handle and a brand new handle is 400 bucks. With the new/used handle controller installed, the auxilary hydraulics still don't work. The green light turns on when I press the auxiliary button up by the key and the fuses, and I have 12v coming into the auxiliary module (bolted to frame under seat) from the one harness but no 12v coming out on the other harness so I jumped the relay that's molded into the module in between the plug connections. I now have 12v coming in and going out to the handle but still no movement on the auxiliary hydraulics. So now I'm thinking the used handle I bought is bad. Does anyone know how to check these? I have continuity between the two wires that come off the front trigger switch but when I check for continuity on the thumb rocker switch I don't get beeping on my meter when I push the switch either way, and it shows ohms before I hit the switch and then the ohms change slightly when I hit the switch to the side. I took apart my old handle and it has a simple 3 way microswitch (right/center/left) but the new handle has a different style switch inside. Like a barrel looking rotary switch. Is this a special switch that has to work with a more advanced computer than my machine has? Info about this machine- 2 fuses up by key switch- Both looked good but replaced both anyway 2 relays in engine compartment above battery- replaced both Serial number on the machine is 511351902 new/used handle switch part number is 6680414
Figured it out. The used handle switch I bought is junk. Tore it apart and the plate that is supposed to have conductive material on to make the connection between the left position and right position is worn down to the plastic.
That thumb switch in the right handle is a Hall Effect switch, it's not a typical analog on/off/on switch. I don't know of any way to test a Hall Effect switch, not to say it can't be done, just don't know a way to do it myself. But again, it's not going to read analog voltage in and voltage out.