Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 won’t lift/tilt

Wildmanandgoof ยท 2015-06-06 21:25

i put a hydraulic filter on my bobcat and now it won't move tilt or lift. It's a 2001 753c. I spilled a bit of fluid on my wiring harness and couple of plugs. Any ideas?

Replies11
  1. #1Mike L2015-06-06 21:42

    Sounds like it's got air in it. Did you pre fill the filter? I would unscrew the filter and see if it was full of oil or if it had air in it. Harness and plugs should be sealed enough to keep out oil

  2. #2willie592015-06-06 22:13

    Welcome to HEF Wildmanandgoof. :drinkup I wager there's a coincidence at work here, I've changed the hydraulic filter on enough Bobcats to fill a junk yard with scrap metal and have never once had an issue. Filling the filter with oil isn't practical since it mounts nearly horizontal. Is your 753 a C, F, or G series machine? Rectangle or triangle shaped headlights?

  3. #3Wildmanandgoof2015-06-07 07:48

    C series. And I did not pre-fill the filter. How would I go about getting the air out?

  4. #4crewchief8882015-06-07 15:43

    oil level in the hyd tank? will the machine move? engine running seat bar down hit the PTO green button (if equipped) check the row of idiot lights behind your right elbow all on? any flashing? if so, number of flashes? :drinkup

  5. #5Wildmanandgoof2015-06-07 17:55

    C series. And I did not pre-fill the filter. How would I go about getting the air out?

  6. #6Wildmanandgoof2015-06-07 19:24

    Oil level is full. Machine won't move until I push the traction lock override.no lights flashing.seat bar and power light on. Seat light has never been on. When I push traction lock override button, that light is green

  7. #7crewchief8882015-06-09 17:29

    if the seat light isnt on, you've found the problem.... check for debris under the back of the seat, the rear of the seat is spring loaded (kind a leaf spring under the RH seat track) and has to be able to move approx 1/4" -3/8" to activate the seat switch. dont try to bypass the seat sensor, it's a hall effect switch. :drinkup

  8. #8Wildmanandgoof2015-06-09 19:24

    The seat moves up and down plenty. I've taken apart the seat sensor and cant get light to come on. Even while holding in my hand working it around. I check power at connector and is getting power. Help please

  9. #9crewchief8882015-06-09 19:35

    is the little plastic key still in the sensor? magnets in the sensor clean? sounds like the sensor or BICS module may be bad. do yourself a HUGE favor and get the PTO kit from bobcat and install it. it eliminates the seat sensor from the system. if this is the route you take, make sure you dont leave the seat sensor connected with the new PTO kit. strange things happen when the BICS get a sigal from the seat when it's not suppose to. :drinkup

  10. #10Wildmanandgoof2015-06-09 21:56

    Yes key is there and yes magnets are clean.

  11. #11crewchief8882015-06-10 17:24

    sounds like the sensor or BICS module may be bad. do yourself a HUGE favor and get the PTO kit from bobcat and install it. it eliminates the seat sensor from the system. if this is the route you take, make sure you dont leave the seat sensor connected with the new PTO kit. strange things happen when the BICS get a sigal from the seat when it's not suppose to. :drinkup