Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need help with New Holland Lx885 maintenance

mountaintractor ยท 2015-06-06 13:57

Hello. I'm new to skid steers and this forum. Just got myself a 1997 new holland lx885. The machine has been sitting for several years not being used. It still starts and runs ok. I will be using the machine primary for snow removal in the winter. So, I want to do a complete maintenance before winter arrives. Any lx885 owner here? Can you share maintenance tips and what you have done to maintain your machine? Due to lack of experience, I'm having a hard time finding information on this particular model of new holland. Lots of info on ls180, ls185 but very few on the lx885. How close are they? Do they share any mechanical parts? Where can I find history on this model and what newer models replaces it? I'm looking for common maintenance parts like oil, air, hydraulic filters. I'm also looking for engine oil capacity and other routine maintenance specs. What type of oil to use for high elevation very cold climate. I plan to at least replace the battery, engine oil, hydraulic fluid and all the filters. Where is the best place to get these parts online? I need to learn to do this myself since the nearest dealer is a couple hundred miles away. Thanks in advance for any info. Tom

Replies4
  1. #1Jonas3022015-06-06 19:08

    First thing is to order a owners manual if you don't have one Napa or other parts stores can get all the filters easy way is to cross the numbers off the old ones or have them try to look it up same with the battery All our equipment runs 15/40 year round 100f or -30 if its cold they are going to be plugged in or inside anyways Thats something to check is if you have a block heater that works if your parking outside

  2. #2Delmer2015-06-06 22:31

    I'd get the battery and oils locally. filterspro has great selection and prices, they might take a couple weeks with oddball filters. And you have to have a part number to start with, there's no application lookup, but you can go to fram, baldwin, donaldson for an application lookup catalog. I have read recommendations to use #1 diesel above 5,000 feet elevation, you'll probably want to use it anyway during the winter. At least don't buy regular southern CA diesel and bring it up into the mountains and expect it to start without being plugged in.

  3. #3durallymax2015-06-07 20:56

    10w30 Diesel engine oil will work for the engine and hydraulics, possibly chaincases if final drives do not share common fluid otherwise they use 80w90. Walmart has good prices on Delo. Part numbers, capacities, etc are all available on new hollands website for free. Fluids are in the "toolbox" area. http://partstore.agriculture.newholland.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr317623ag26271

  4. #4rocketttman2015-06-10 15:43

    Thanks durallymax for the website info, just what I needed Awesome dude