Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 won’t tilt

Austin9159 · 2024-01-30 14:10

Bought this machine from a guy who said it sat for a few years and now doesn’t work right. Lift arms will go up but not come down, tilt does work. Tore the valve body down and replaced o rings and cleaned it, reinstalled then the issue was backwards, would go down but not up. Pulled the hydraulic solenoid, cleaned and tested then reinstalled. Now I’m back to only the arms going up. The weird part is I crank it, push the operator button and for about 2 secs the tilt works and the lift works correctly, then it stops and goes back to only lift. Where should I start looking? This machine doesn’t have a boss option and the bics lights are solid on all but the seat(flashes constant) and traction lock(flashes 5 times)

Replies8
  1. #1crewchief8882024-01-30 17:27

    sounds like one of the auxiliary stems is stuck. try this start it up, hit the PTO button turn on the aux, HOLD the paddle switch on the RH handle one way or the other and see if your hyds start working normally

  2. #2Austin91592024-01-30 17:57

    Okay I’ll try that, I hit the switch yesterday and could hear the system deadhead but didn’t try it while using the foot controls.

  3. #3Austin91592024-01-31 13:24

    Okay that worked! Started machine, hit the trac lock button and only had lift. Hit the aux unlock button and move the switch on the drive handle to the far right and all functions start working. Move the switch to the middle or left and you hear the engine is under a slight load and bucket functions don’t work again. So now what do I need to replace?

  4. #4Austin91592024-01-31 18:40

    Unplugged both both aux solenoids and it works fine. Plug one in, works fine, plug the other in and it stall. Put the wires on opposite solenoids and the probablem follows the wires. Does this mean my hand controls are to blame?

  5. #5crewchief8882024-01-31 19:09

    id guess that your trigger on the RH handle is stuck. most likely due to a broken spring in the handle assy. might play around with the trigger and see if you can get it to shut off

  6. #6Austin91592024-01-31 19:53

    Mhmm okay, I’ll check that. I did notice when I pulled the trigger it didn’t seem to move. Please explain to me what the trigger does vs the flipper switch and the aux switch

  7. #7willie592024-01-31 21:06

    Thumb switch is for two way proportional control of aux function, the finger trigger locks the aux on so you don't have to hold the thumb switch all the way when using something like a brush cutter that remains running instead of intermittent use like a grapple.

  8. #8Austin91592024-01-31 21:11

    Okay thank you