Hi all, new guy here. I have a 2014 318E skid steer with approx 4000 hrs. A few days ago it developed a strange quirk. I had dropped the throttle to an idle, and just got off the seat when it jumped back up to 1800 rpm, like it was running a dpf regen. But as soon as I sat back down, it dropped to idle again. It did this a few times, and then somewhere along the line I realized it no longer revs higher than 1830 or so. There were no codes. I figured the throttle dial must be the problem. But then we thought of the diagnostic menu, and checked the throttle there. It adjusts smoothly from 0-100 percent, about 1-4 volts. This machine has hand and foot controls, so there is no foot throttle. Any thoughts? I can change the throttle if that will fix it, but I would have expected a code? Thanks for any help
How about a complete machine serial number? Does everything else work as it should? Any lights on in the instrument cluster? Did you scroll to codes and check?
Here is the serial plate. We had disconnected the throttle to test it with a multimeter, so then it did throw a code (91.04 maybe?) that code is stored now, not active. Yes we did scroll through and check. No other lights on or codes active. As for other problems, it does seem a little sluggish and short on power, but figured that’s just because I’m used to running at higher rpm.
There is a connector where a foot throttle would have been if you had that option. Check that connector for moisture/water intrusion. Clean and dry it real good. See if that resolves your issue.