Hello...can someone help...not too familiar with bobcats......have a 753g skid steer.....the machs had some issues......I am inquiring if any one knows correct alternator output should be....I am testing one and is coming up 15 volts...the batt load tests ok.....if you run machine for 15 minutes the hyd starts get slow and it seems like the bics valve closes up......I know that the controller is pretty sensitive to voltage and will shutdown if senses something wrong........if you let it cool down...and restart it is fine again.......I am thinking that the controller is not liking 15 volts as same for lift and bucket solenoid coil.............ANY input...thanx!!??????
Yes, 15 volts could easily cause the ECM to lock things out. Being a G series, if the voltage output from the alternator to the battery were high, you should see a code 03-10 (battery voltage high) or 03-11 (battery voltage extremely high) Do you hear three beeps from the alarm when it acts up?
yes iam getting three beeps at start......
I originally had a failing lft and bucket coil.on the bics.....this was getting hot!!!!!.....you could run machine for a bit and when it warmed up..you would loose lift and bucket circuit.....you could hear the oil trying to flow when you hit the peddles but nothing.....like I said..not too familiar with the bobcats...worked for komatau and volvo.....
It's normal to hear beeps when you turn on the ignition, this tells you the alarm is working, but during operation, if you hear three beeps from the alarm, that indicates and active fault with the ECM. If that's what happens, you need to check the codes. And pretty much anything that's an electrical control problem will be noticed by the ECM. I'm still not sure what's going on here. If you're saying the BICS coil on the control valve was getting hot (as in getting too much voltage) the ECM should see this and lock it out and beep the alarm. Maybe you should go ahead and pull that alternator and have it gone through. Regardless of potential problems from high output voltage, it ain't good on the battery either.
I should clarify something; when you turn on ignition, before you even start the engine, you should hear a long single beep from the alarm to indicate it's operating. Once you start the engine and begin operation, if you ever hear three short beep beep beep from the alarm, that's an active fault, check your codes.
10-4 willie...I believe that be happening....ill pull the alt off and check it out.......ill check the battery too.......thanx again...let you know how it ends up....
normal charging voltage @ idle will be in the 13.9- 14.6 range. controller input voltage range is 9-15, if the controller senses anything above or below for 15 seconds, it should beep and throw a code. depending on the version of software in the controller, the machine may or may not shut down. :drinkup
thank you......what would be the controller output to the lift and bucket coil on the bics valve??????...changed out alternator and voltage is normal..around 14volts running.........checked out to the coil on bics valve..it was 14v......don't know if the ecu controller voltage output is correct......when replaced stem and coil....parts said with diode...but I didn't see any diode........
there is/was no diode visible. i've always assumed it was internal to the coil... :drinkup