Hello I have a 753H and need to replace the lift cylinder hoses but was met with a couple of snags in the process. First the service manual does not cover this task (odd) as it seems to document everything else and second it seems that the hoses connect to piping which runs to the front of the machine but have not yet determined where they go. Can anyone share or point me in the direction of a resource as to how this gets done? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Ok I am no expert and maybe miss understanding your situation.When I have had to replace a hose I remove it by disconnecting both ends.Have a new hose made up and reinstall.It should have a fitting where it connects to the steel line.
You must not own a 753H, the lift cylinder hose connections which are connected to steel tubing that goes to the hydraulic system are obscured make that hidden and are not a straight forward swap out. I am hoping that someone has done this before and can offer suggestions on how to do it. I am currently working on the left side, the right side is blocked by the antifreeze reservoir and appears to be even more difficult to address than the left side.
You can install your boom stop, drop the rod end of the cylinder them remove the base end pin. At that point you can slide the cylinder assembly forward enough to get to your hose connections. Sounds like fun doesn't it
Thanks for the advice, getting the piston out is easy its getting to the hose ends inside the engine compartment that is the issue, they are obstructed by the hydro fluid cooler hoses and tucked up between the skid steer body. I need to take a pic seems my description is not doing this justice.
Ok left side is done, that was memorable now onto the right side.
Did you find a shortcut?
No shortcut, just had to twist myself into a pretzel.
Welcome to the joys of owning a skid steer…