Howd y’all, I’m sure this has been asked a million times but I’m having trouble finding an answer the google. My case 1840 sat for about 3 months. The hydraulic fluid leaked out and has been fix and filled. Now when I go to start the engine it will turn 1 x then turn again very weak then die? And I’ll do it again and I’ll get the same result. Every once in a while it’ll kick on then die? It’s got a new NAPA 700 cca battery. I’m not sure if it’s the weather or a faulty battery? Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated or where to start. thanks Ray
My guess battery or connections
The manufacturer calls for a 685 cca battery? Do I need something bigger? I cleaned the terminals and sanded down the ground connection to the chassis of the skid steer. Is there something else I should look at?
I guess I would be trying to jump start from my running truck
I tried that already with an F250
Welcome to HEF @Txray76 You'd better start at the beginning. What was the hydraulic problem? Could something have not been put back together correctly? Causing a hydraulic lock while cranking the engine?
The lift arm cylinder hydraulic hose leaked a bunch of fluid while it was in storage. Enough that I had to put in 4 gallons.
You can eliminate your cables being the problem using jumper cables. Unhook the machine battery and hook your jumper cables directly to the starter motor. If it spins you have a bad cable
I’ll give it a try tomorrow.
If you have aux hydraulic pedal on the floor make sure it's not stuck partially or fully on. This will load up the hydraulics as Alrman said it will start to crank then lock up. It was common for these to get stuck, easy enough to do getting in or out of the machine. Also check the ground wire from the frame to the bell housing.