Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 76″ Tiller

Dale D. ยท 2024-03-29 11:19

We have a 2017 Bobcat 76" two step tiller, S/N 055105908. The shaft, opposite end of the motor, is sloppy in the bearing. I ordered and received a new end bearing and retainer (p/n 7103468) from our local Bobcat dealer. It should've been an easy fix, but that is not the case. The inside diameter of the new new bearing is about 20mm larger than the outside diameter of the end of the shaft. The new bearing is the same as the old bearing. I assume that is why it was so sloppy to start. The end of the shaft doesn't look worn like you would think, with that much difference. Could the shaft really be worn that much and that evenly? I have contacted Bobcat to see if there is something I am missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-05-31 22:47

    looks like it has worn off that much and the radial wear is better than what I could do in a lathe Wonder if it could be sleeved back to size perhaps?

  2. #2Dale D.2024-05-31 22:53

    I spoke to the Bobcat engineers, through the local parts guy, they sent drawings with dimensions of the original. It has in fact wore down that much. It just looked too smooth. The sent me a new end cap to weld on. It is actually a replaceable part. Thanks for the response.