Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

backhoe for a Takeuchi CTL?

damnescavator ยท 2024-03-06 12:01

Anyone mated these two machines together on a Tak and lived to tell about it? Taks attachment catalog does not mention attached hoes. Bet a box of glazed donuts that putting an add on hoe on one of their machines would be like reinventing the skid steer. Anyone tried it?

Replies7
  1. #1Dutchboy2024-03-06 16:49

    That is one of the most disappointing powered earth movers created, very hard to be steady or precise and very little capacity till you need to move which is a difficulty all its own. By its nature it is single pump and every function affects the others. Would not recommend to dig footings or trenches.

  2. #2crewchief8882024-03-07 18:18

    you would need a B/H mounting kit from Takeuchi for that B/H attachment

  3. #3damnescavator2024-03-08 20:39

    I scored a pretty good deal on a low use Bradco 511b (pic below) so I am gonna try and figure out the Takeuchi pin on bracket part. I found some TL140 pictures of the actual Bradco to Takeuchi TL140 brackets (picture). There's a chance it will work on my TL8 if the bracket that is on the Bradco is compatible with my TL8. Not a huge if, because a TL8 and a TL140 are very similar. If I can just fabricate the bolt on pin brackets I should be in business with this attachment. As for what these backhoes can or cannot do here's the deal. I know these attachments suck compared to a mini-ex. I have a 10 ton midi-ex that does many things well but it takes all day to move back and forth and I have to charge for my time. Few people will pay. Most of the time when I do a bobcat job there's minor digging associated like a small tree stump or rip up some bushes or make a shallow trench as part of the job. If this cheesy little backhoe can do that and be readily available all day long for nothing, then it's worth the fuss. If it's not up to it then maybe a customer will shell out for the big daddy 10 ton. A lot of people will if they see that you can't do their job with light gear.

  4. #4CM19952024-03-08 20:45

    Well before mini-ex's were popular or available those backhoe attachments were handier than a shirt pocket on skid steers. Good friend of mine made a fine living running a couple of Bobcat 843's each with a backhoe attachment back in the 80's and early 90's. Dug many a trench and footing with them. It's not a mini-ex but it's not useless by any means. Good luck!

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-03-12 02:14

    A former neighbor adapted a backhoe on his skid steer but made levers to control the steering levers from the backhoe seat. That makes it much more productive.

  6. #6damnescavator2024-03-16 15:25

    I wonder if the straight or swing front hoes so popular now are breaking peoples bucket rams? All the compression weight and shock of the boom and stick has to go through the curl rams. Would seem not to be built for it. Anyone? I know some tractor loaders have this issue.

  7. #7PeterG2024-03-19 16:51

    You can do some of that work if you have heavy duty pallet forks. I put the two forks close together and pry under the ground to loosen up the ground or the roots. Also to use a lifting strap. Never tried the backhoe attachment. There are a lot of them always for sale. Not sure if that's because people get them for projects and then sell them off, or they just don't like them. I agree that hauling around my bigger excavators is a pain. That's why I have a little TB106. The Bradco is the real deal. Stay away from that little front hoe thing.