Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 controller cooked!

sdcraneman ยท 2010-01-17 19:38

Anyone deal with this before? I have a 2002 bobcat 763 High flow. I loaned it to a friend of mine and I guess it was running fine he shut it down, came back three days later and it was dead. He check the battery and it was fine. The long and the short of it is that it is burning the "computer fuse" found under the seat. We tried a variety of things such as unpluging all the controller plugs making jumpers to try to determine the function that is the cause of the problem and as it turns out when the three unswitched hot wires that are fed by the affected fuse are connected to the computer/controller and the two remote grounds are connected the fuse blows. I have to assume the board is internally shorted, the concern I have is if it is an external short that caused the problem in the first place what will happen to the new computer when it's installed? The local dealer tells me after buying the computer I have to bring the machine in so that they can program the computer specific to my serial number. Can it be preprogramed by the serial number before I take it home? or do they have to have the machine to program it? Any ideas??? Best regards, SD craneman

Replies1
  1. #1bobcatmechanic2010-01-17 20:37

    it can be pre programmed to your machine from the factory i think it costs more and takes more time we usaully did it at the dealership though also look all your wires over really good where its tied up makes a bend and where it bends where the cab hinges also by the hyd tank under the hydrostate or above i dont remember how those run. you can program them after you install them with the remote start tool and computer if its a g series also you can wipe them by unplugging it mid download and return them did that a lot at the dealer trying out controllers to see if that fixed a problem but i would just check the harness over really well or take it to a buddies machine and give him some headache "trying" it out to see if thats the problem