Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 coolant in oil

12vcummins ยท 2015-06-14 13:53

Hey guys I need some advice. I picked up a bobcat 763 with the kubota v2203e today for 2,500 the guy said it needed motor work and the motor knocks. I have not started it I found right away all the coolant drained down into the oil and I drained that out. What's my next step I do not have any idea how long it was like this or if there is any other damage done to the motor? New motor or full rebuild possibly just a head and or head gasket? Are these kubota motors known for bad heads or head gasket failure? The loader has 8,000 hours any help would be great thanks

Replies3
  1. #112vcummins2015-06-15 21:16

    Bad news Well bad news I found the pistion broken into pieces and the block has huge Gouges where the connecting rod rubed cylinder was scored almost through the block so I'm now looking for a used motor

  2. #2Ronsii2015-06-15 21:39

    Well the good news is these motors are really common and you can usually pick up pulls from refrigeration can service yards for a decent price.

  3. #3Delmer2015-06-15 23:00

    Little bit of a knock huh? Did you take a look at the JCB thread from New Zealand, another motor with some slight issues.