We have a Komatsu 480 loader with about 15000 hours. Great solid machine, the only problem is the tilt back lock works only intermittently. It feels like there might be a magnet or something that locks the joystick in place and you can feel it grab when it works, other times it's like that function doesn't exist. Any ideas?
see if the light on the sensor is on /off.. Sensor located under the bucket cylinder.
There is no light that I can see, but so far today the tilt back is working. I can go back after lunch and it may not work.
check the clearance between the sensor and the plate, should be around 4mm. When the bucket is stroked back you should see the light and then the lever will kick out. Is not there's prolly a break in the harness on the front frame. Pretty common.
I'll check that tomorrow, thanks.