Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 drive motor rebuild problem

The Scaper ยท 2025-03-15 14:02

While installing an o ring on the geroler section four of the rollers fell out.I put them back but the chance of putting them in the correct areas they fell from I know is very slim.I am not able to put the star in with the rollers, I have spent several hours trying dozens of different ways to get it to fit but unable to.I had it close once but everything seemed excessively tight. My two questions are, Is there a certain procedure to properly do this? It doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.Everything obviously fit beforehand. Second question is, with the four rollers most likely not in the proper areas what possible problems could this lead to? I see no signs of wear or scoring on the star or any of the rollers. Thank you

Replies2
  1. #1Arny L2025-03-17 21:17

    I would lay the valve on a flat surface, lay rotor in the middle, add rollers one by one. You will probably have to turn the rotor, as you go, so some kind of holding fixture for the valve is probable. Use the the drive gear, inserted into the rotor to turn, because it will get tighter as you go. Lube all your parts with clean hydro oil before hand. That's how I have done it in the past. As far as orientation, that ship has sailed. Check all rollers with a micrometer, if you can, if their all close, you should be fine.

  2. #2The Scaper2025-03-19 18:29

    Arny, thank you for your reply, I was able to finally get it back together, thanks to your advice. Much appreciated!