Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 G Won’t Start – Electrical Issues – Control Panel Won’t Light Up

zdaily ยท 2012-02-14 13:45

Hello, I have a friend that has a 763 G Bobcat and for some reason the control panel won't light up with the key on. If you hold the light button down, the screen will say INPUT, but won't display any codes. It's weird though, because this started happening gradually, and still every once in a while if you leave the key on it will all of a sudden work. Any ideas or troubleshooting techniques would be very much appreciated. We already checked the following: 1. Fuses / Relays 2. Battery terminals and ground connection from battery to frame cleaned up 3. Control panel and Key panel connections checked for corrosion / etc. Thanks again.

Replies6
  1. #1crewchief8882012-02-16 16:53

    that sounds like a bad panel, or a communication issue between panels but before you replace the panel verify that you have constant 12v to the panel. remove the Lh headlight, disconnect the plug from the panel check the red (or red/white wire) for 12 v with the key off. check continuity between the panels on all wires. one notorious place to check for broken/damaged wires is under the cab, where the cab harness connects to the main harness. the connector is usually tucked up on top of the hyd tank :drinkup

  2. #2zdaily2012-02-20 11:38

    Thanks for the info. I'll check this today and post a reply.

  3. #3Jon Boy2016-11-26 20:09

    bobcat763 I have the same thing wrong with mine but I fixed all the wires that were bad it still want work u have any more ideas other then a panel it is the one just like this guy's bobcat

  4. #4Jon Boy2016-11-26 20:17

    bobcat763 G Wanted to know if u fig. Out ur problem on ur 763 bobcat I have the same thing wrong with mine please help me.. u can call me if u like 919 nine 2 one 056 2 thanx

  5. #5Jon Boy2016-11-26 20:33

    bobcat763 G U have any other ideas I have fixed all that and it is still saying input on my panel

  6. #6crewchief8882016-11-27 10:35

    the panel may be bad... :drinkup