Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 needs tires….

Gwilkrrs ยท 2016-01-26 18:48

So I am looking into tires for my machine and the question is to foam fill or not? I got the machine and the tires ar foamed and I am wondering how hard to retire now and if I should foam again. Weight- foam is heavy.....machine sees all around work on all surfaces

Replies2
  1. #1Rentalstop2016-01-26 21:00

    Last time I had a set of tires foam filled, they didn't last much longer than air tires. We got about 400 hours out of the tread. No flats but they cost $1300 per set not including the wheels. I replaced them with Carlsle Guard Dog HD on new wheels. The set of four mounted and delivered was about $1200 from eBay. Then I took the foam filled tires off and cut the rubber off the wheels. It was a pain in the butt. I had to cut out a ten inch wedge with a reciprocating saw. I didn't cut the steel cords in the bead with the recip saw. I cut the steel cords at the bead with a 4 1/2 grinder with a cut off wheel. I did have to run a wire wheel and do a little clean up. The last wheel is a learning curve and the rest are easier once you figure it out. I have ran Deestone, Titans, Bobcat Heavy Duty, Power King, solid deal extra wall, solid deal skid dawg and more. You get what you pay for. So far the Carlisle Guard Dog HD are holding up well. Deestone, Bobcat Heavy Duty and Titans were good. Power King and Solid deal were bottom of the barrel.

  2. #2Gwilkrrs2016-01-27 06:28

    thanks- I was concerned the already foamed was going to be an issue------ the tires were cheap then the po foamed them, i am not sure they were worth the agrivation due to weight increase and traction.......