Hi guys, Hope one of you can shed some light. I've got a 743, not sure what year.. SN 512242933. Last week I noticed some fluid dropping from underneath. Checked the hydro tank and nothing on the dip stick. So, I lifted the cab, looked for leaks and found nothing. Today, I went out and pulled the front Plug for the chain case. About 2 gallons of hydro fluid poured out! I've never pulled that plug since I've owned, so I don't know how long it's been filling. So I'm gathering a good chance is that a drive motor seal or both may have blown... possibly also the drive motor carriage seal? Specificy questions... 1. Is there anything else that could be causing the chain case to fill with hydro? 2. Woiuld you also replace the drive motor carriage seals when I pull the drive motors? Any help would be appreciated. Dave C
(Do you have a 743 or 763?) Assuming it was a typo, but the chain case and drive motors are probably very similarly setup regardless. Looking forward to some knowledgeable responses. I have a 753 with high hours, and I’m sure I’ll be having this issue at some point. Always nice to have some insight on what to expect, and how to diagnose and understand repairs before you have an issue.