Looking for an opinion on purchasing a skidsteer with high hours, over 10,000. It is coming from an oil field and it is in really good condition, pins are tight, no smoke, starts easy, seats not even torn, etc. I know they run them 24x7 in the winter so they don't have to deal with freeze ups. I suspect majority of the hours it was just idling in the parking lot and being used for an off-road forklift occasionally. Aside from engine would these hours put wear on any other systems like pumps, etc?
Pumps would be running all the time but with no load and cool clean oil they should be ok. Only problem I see is if you use it and make it look used the value will drop dramatically with that many hours. Pump coupling might be getting worn too. It’s nylon on steel .
What make and model is it? What Tier is it. If it is a DPF equipped machine I would be a little worried about that. Given how it was run, the older the machine is, the better I think.