Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 seat bar issue

materthegreater ยท 2012-10-29 22:33

So at work we have a 763 F series and apparently over the weekend something happened to it. Now when I get in and start the machine, lower the seat bar and press the green button, the lift and tilt functions work, but the traction function does not come on at all. Then if I raise the seat bar and press the green button again, I have traction, but no lift and tilt. Weird if you ask me Any ideas?

Replies11
  1. #1willie592012-10-29 22:56

    Just have to clarify something, you said "raise the seat bar and press green button again, I have traction, but no lift and tilt". Did you mean "raise the seat bar, then let it back down ..."

  2. #2materthegreater2012-10-29 22:58

    Nope! raise it and leave it up and then the traction works (after pushing green button). Lower it and only the lift and tilt work.

  3. #3willie592012-10-29 23:09

    Ok, just wanted to clarify that info. I'm a bit baffled by this problem, but I wanted to make sure that was the case. Bobcatdan or Crewchief may have a bit more insight on your issue. Somehow I feel a seat switch may be involved, but ain't figured out in my head just how yet.

  4. #4crewchief8882012-11-01 19:20

    is the park brake pedal pushed down? :drinkup

  5. #5materthegreater2012-11-01 19:49

    Hmm, didn't think to check that... But wouldn't that keep it from moving even when the bar is up? I'll check tomorrow, it would be nice if it was something easy like that!

  6. #6crewchief8882012-11-01 20:12

    when the bar is up, and you press the PTO button, it should unlock the brake, even when the park brake pedal is down. the button serves 2 purposes 1 when the seat bar is down, it unlocks the hyd, and brake if the brake pedal is up, but not if the pedal is down 2 seat bar up, it acts only as a brake over ride, and will not unlock the hyd. if the brake pedal is up, and still not working , we'll get into some further diagnostics with the idiot lights :drinkup

  7. #7Bobcatdan2012-11-01 20:25

    I agree, it is probalbe jut the pedal got hit by accident, I have mad service calls to find this is the problem. If not, I would start by swapping the BICS contoller. It would be the only thing that could cause it becaus by using the pto, you are verifing the brake circuit works.

  8. #8materthegreater2012-11-01 22:26

    Ok, great. I'll check that first thing tomorrow. I basically never use the brake on this thing. I spend more time in the newer T180/190 that have switches for the brake. Will let you know what I find!

  9. #9materthegreater2012-11-02 21:50

    It was just the brake! Must have been someone kicked it without knowing it. I'll have to give him a hard time about it! Thanks for the help

  10. #10willie592012-11-02 22:17

    Hey, I'm just thankful we have crewchief and bobcatdan here to help me out. It's good to have guys that know these machines so thoroughly. :yup

  11. #11materthegreater2012-11-02 22:42

    Agreed! :thumbsup