Hi All. Looking for input on a C Series 763 that is having a traction lock issue. Bought the machine with a bad engine. That's all sorted out and she's running like a top now. Issue I am having is getting the brake solenoid to unlock. On the computer behind my right elbow (when sitting down), all three lights will light up solid when I put the lap bar down. The traction light will blink once every 3 seconds. Nothing happens when I press the unlock button. I have tried searching but I can't find an answer to my problem. Unfortunately I don't have a wiring diagram or that would help a lot. Thanks!
Have seen stranger things but have you checked all the fuses? Sometimes the K.I.S.S. method is the best place to start. I will look and see if I have a book on that one and can send you a few pages after while if I do
Thanks for the response. Yes, fuses are in working order. I was not sure if the single blink every 3 seconds was a code or not. Been trying to search but no avail. Im digging into it further tomorrow morning but wanted to see if someone has experienced something similiar
A single flash of the traction lock LED is "traction lock hold coil open circuit". That would be either faulty BICS controller, broken wire in circuit from BICS controller to traction lock solenoid, or faulty hold coil inside the traction lock solenoid. What color are the three wires at the traction lock solenoid?
Hi Willie. In order they are red, white (looks slightly yellow probably from age) and black.
Black is ground. White is pull coil. Red is hold coil, measure between red and black with ohm meter, should be 10 - 11 ohm. If you don't get a reading between red and black then you have an open circuit in the solenoid hold coil, replace solenoid. I'd have to have the machine s/n for the wire that goes from BICS controller to the brake solenoid.
The Solenoid ohms out at 10.2ohms... I really hope it is not a BICS. SN is: 512223322 I did buy the machine non running to fix up so not sure if this issue was present when I bought or if something damaged when I reinstalled the engine after rebuilding it. Really appreciate the replies y'all. Will continue digging at it tomorrow.
Well, tried flipping relays with glowing relay and condition still persists. I went and checked all connections that were disconnected. Undid them and reconnected. Still same issue. Confirmed the green switch is working as well. I'm starting to suspect the controller. Not sure if they are still available?