Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 873 Foot Pedal Jammed Stuck (lift)

zghorner ยท 2021-04-01 18:33

I was moving around some trees earlier and smashed down the lift pedal pretty hard (freaked out that a log was about to slip off my forks overhead and enter the cab crushing my leg so I overreacted)...well the arms went down all the way but the pedal is stuck tight in that position. I lifted the cab and traced the linkage to the hydraulic block and tried lightly hammering on linkage near there while working the pedal to release outwards but it isn't budging even a little bit. All of the linkage looks good not loose or bent, I think its whatever pushes into that hydraulic block is jammed tight, any ideas? the pedal isn't in neutral position i.e. the safety bar lockout isn't engaging it, there is no debris preventing movement either.

Replies8
  1. #1phil3142021-04-01 19:09

    Is it possible that it's stuck/locked in the float position? What happens if you just push on the pedal to go up with the arms. I had something similar happen to me. I got mine stuck in the float position. Didn't know it could do that, thought I broke it. Pushing the opposite way popped it out.

  2. #2willie592021-04-01 20:17

    It's in float position. Problem is, on an aged Bobcat that the float hasn't been used very much lately, oxidation and sometimes rust happens with the float detent mechanism attached to the rear of the loader arm control spool on the control valve. When that happens and you stick it in float with the foot pedal it's pretty much stuck. If you can't pop it loose the only thing you can do is remove the cap on the rear of the loader arm control spool and drown the components with spray lube, put the cap back on and keep trying. You have to remove the snap ring at the rear of the spool cap before the cap will come off. If that doesn't work you'll have to remove the spool from the control valve and take the float mechanism apart for repair/replacement.

  3. #3zghorner2021-04-01 20:39

    the pedal is stuck in place it wont rock down or up. Will not move at all.

  4. #4willie592021-04-01 21:22

    It's stuck in float position, see my post above

  5. #5zghorner2021-04-02 13:30

    got it free, soaked everything in pb blaster overnight and went out there tapped on the linkage nearest the control valve while working the pedal. Thank you for your help.

  6. #6BlasterJack2022-08-21 08:09

    Hoist pedal was stuck on my low hours 2013 s185. 1) Raised lift arms for better access using another machine. 2) Pressure wash grime/dust. 3) Remove RR wheel. 4). Remove 3 access plates. 5) Remove hoist linkage pin at front of valve. 6) Remove 2 bolts at rear of valve and red dust cover. Do not remove C- clip. 7) withdraw rod assembly. Rust and flat spot on a ball bearing locked up the big spring in compressed position. Bought 2 little springs and 4 ball bearings. Followed advice on 3 Utube videos: https://m.youtube.com/watch? v=qQUDZEf-X_4

  7. #7Tripowerpaving2022-10-29 20:14

    I second that probably kicked into float dirt or never used clean it out and kick back maybe out of adjustment to mine slide from kicking them maybe slide pedal back then try kicking it free

  8. #8keith.filarsky2023-07-02 08:45

    Blaster jack, I have the exact same issue 2013 s185, float is stuck. I pulled the spool but I cannot figure oit how to break this thing down farther. Any advice??