Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763F series alternator bracket mounting help!

notyepcars1 ยท 2020-06-06 09:29
Replies2
  1. #1notyepcars12020-06-06 09:30

    I have a bobcat 763 F series that I am helping the neighbor with. Was not charging so I looked and alternator bracket was loose and the belt was very loose. There are two holes in the bracket base where it mounts to the block, however I only found 1 bolt hanging loose. The two holes on the bracket are flat or flush will each other, however the holes in the block are not, so when I tighten the bolt in the picture, it cocks the alternator at an angle. Is there supposed to be two mounting bolts? or what am i missing. Thanks

  2. #2mitch5042020-06-06 11:45

    Is there a broke off bolt in the block? sometimes if the bracket vibrates against it, it'll rub it very smooth. There was probably a spacer, like a thick washer, under the bracket to hold it flat.