I have a 2001 763G with about 3500 hours and can't get it to start anymore. Until recently it started and run very good in winter and summer. History on Problem. Bobcat runs good, we do annual maintenance, change all filters and fluids. Bobcat hard to start after changing fuel filter, hard to prime but finally starts. Works good for a few weeks then loses prime. Squeeze primer bulb a few times, fires right back up. Let sit for a few weeks and now I can't get it to start at all. Tried to re-prime and still no luck. Cracked fuel injection line and cranked over, no fuel coming out. Fuel filter is full and bleeded through screw on the top...what should I try to do next? Thanks Guys
When you are turning the machine over does the fuel run solenoid move into the run position?
Not sure...I will have to check that when my wife gets home. Right now it is in the far left position, which I assume is off.
Yes far left is off. You can check it by yourself. Turn the key on and bump the starter. The start curcuit should pull the solenoid in and to the right. JJ
Ok, solenoid is not moving to right when I try to start it. Check fuses and changed fuel relay, not change. Maybe bad solenoid?
Very good possibility that solenoid is bad. Pull the shut down lever manually into the run position (solenoid pulled in) and hold lever in run position with tie wire. Try starting engine. If it runs, turn tie wire loose and see if solenoid remains engaged. If it does, you either have a failed solenoid or no power on the white wire when cranking engine, the wire that pulls solenoid in.
Willie, Thanks for tip, I pushed the lever manually to the right and it started. The solenoid remains engaged and I had to manually push it back to the left to kill the engine. I had to go to work so I didn't have time to check the white wire for power yet, try to do that tonight. So is there a generic solenoid replacement anyone knows of or is it only $$$ from bobcat?
UPDATE- Turn over engine, I get 6.5v on white wire for about 3 seconds then it loses power. Is this normal and pointing towards bad solenoid or not normal and pointing towards other wiring issues?
6.5 volts on white wire is not normal, should be near battery voltage. It could be that solenoid is, in fact, toast inside and current draw (amps) on white wire is dropping voltage to 6.5 volts. The way those solenoids work, the three wires at solenoid, black, red, white, black wire is ground (earth), red wire is "hold" winding, 12V constant, white wire is "pull" winding, 12V momentarily (3 seconds). I don't think you can disconnect plug at solenoid and test wiring, I think ECU notices a problem and prevents voltage going to disconnected terminals, not entirely certain about that though. If you have an amp probe you could check amps on white wire. Something in the range of 20 amps or more would indicate faulty winding inside the coil. One other thing you could do is clip the white wire between plug in to harness and the solenoid coil, then test voltage on white wire from harness, if it then reads 12V nominal, most likely have a faulty solenoid. If you do determine coil is bad, when you fit a replacement, make absolutely certain that the spool inside the solenoid completely hits bottom when it pulls the fuel lever in. If it doesn't hit bottom inside the coil, it will burn up the pull and hold winding prematurely.