Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763G Traction Lock Won’t Engage

DieHardDIY ยท 2019-10-11 14:35

Hey everyone, I have a 2003 Bobcat 763G that has an issue with the traction lock, it won't engage when the pedal/switch is activated. I've done some work to diagnose but have hit a dead end, below is what I know so far. 1. The switch that is activated by the pedal does not have continuity when the switch is activated or not activated (I assumed it would given there are only two wires going to it, I figured when you press the switch you complete the circuit and indicate continuity when testing the plug going to the switch) 2. If I use a jumper wire in place of the switch, it still does not activate the traction lock (i was trying to rule out the switch) 3. The solenoid that pushes the wedge which engages the traction lock appears to be fine based on the ohm test. It has a black ground, a red wire for the hold coil, and a white wire for the pull coil. I get .4 ohms on one and 11.2 ohms on the other which based on what I've read, is within spec 4. I don't see any obvious breaks in the wiring or other corrosion indicating a short or lack of ability to conduct Do I have a controller problem? What am I missing here? Thanks in advance for the input and advice, I'm happy to collect more details if they will help diagnose the issue. -Brent

Replies2
  1. #1DieHardDIY2019-10-17 13:20

    Anyone have any insight? Any help is much appreciated!

  2. #2DieHardDIY2019-10-25 14:30

    I must've found a challenging scenario, if my question was dumb, someone would have certainly pointed that out by now.. Again any help is much appreciated!