Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 Boom Bucket won’t Move

Andy Martin ยท 2018-05-30 13:06

Been using the Bobcat 773 on a rotary mower, so the auxiliary hydraulics have been on full time mowing. Now without the mower, with just a bucket, the boom will only go up and the bucket will only go down unless the auxiliary hydraulics light is on and the thumb switch is pushed "in". Without the light on the engine is laboring. I'm assuming it had a stuck solenoid valve but I don't know which one. Is that the problem or is there another problem? All the lights are on on the BCIS, and it has a "seat" light.

Replies4
  1. #1crewchief8882018-05-31 07:47

    Yea, you have an aux stem stuck open, dead heading pressure in the aux circuit. LIFT the cab, key on, eng off, aux activated. Remove the coils from the stem, and toggle the thumb paddle. You'll find out what coil is energized

  2. #2Andy Martin2018-05-31 08:38

    OK, thanks. Logical approach. Not sure I understand aux activated, I assume you can't activate it unless the lap bar is down. If so I guess I can manually hold the safety down.

  3. #3BC873G2018-05-31 16:08

    When I have to do it, I drop the lap bar down and then raise the cab. I then use something long enough to reach the buttons I have to push (power on, PTO, Aux Hyd, etc.) while the cab is up.

  4. #4crewchief8882018-05-31 18:10

    you shouldnt need the seat bar down for the aux to work. raise the boom and install the boom stop, and shut the engine off then key on turn on the aux button raise the cab remove the nuts holding both aux coils from the stems toggle the paddle switch while you try to remove the coils you'll figure out what coil energizes from left and right paddle positions.