How do I know which way the charge pump is supposed to be installed on an m91 pump. It can go in either way and I'm not sure if the previous guy installed correctly. I guess it depends on trotat ion but I need to know which way for each rotation cw and ccw.
Not sure if this helps but here is the image I find on the Case Parts Web site looks like the locating pin #33 is at the top:
+1 kshansen If you install the charge pump backwards, then you will have no charge pressure, and the unit will not drive.
GaryHoff, Thanks for posting the instructions I was going out on a limb a bit as parts books are not always 100% accurate.
I actually came to find out that the previous installer had the charge pump pin installed about an inch to the right of the top hole. Hopefully this is what was causin the loss of drive power once the machine was warmed up and causing the charge pressure to drop from 300 to 150 psi when the levers were stroked. I can't even get the pin out of the charge pump aluminum housing. .