Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 773 G timing belt??

siedow0621 ยท 2009-12-15 23:59

have a 2001 773 G series machine w/3100 hrs. The thing stopped running and when it did it seemed like it powered down like it was starving for fuel or it was gelled. I thawed it out for 4 days and was sure I had fuel all the way up to the injectors by cracking the nuts on the lines. Still no luck so I was digging deeper and pulled off the valve cover and have no movement under there. I have pretty much determined timing belt but is there anything I am missing?? Does anyone know exactly where the timing belt is?? Is it dry or wet?? How tough is it to replace? Thanks for your help

Replies3
  1. #1bill onthehill2009-12-16 04:13

    What engine is in it? There are a few threads on here about Deutz timing belt replacement. You need 2 special pins and a tensioning gage to change them.

  2. #2mrfixitpaul2009-12-16 07:10

    The 773 has a Kubota engine which does not have a timing belt, just gears. If there is nothing moving under the valve cover when you turn it over, maybe a gear broke??

  3. #3siedow06212009-12-17 14:59

    Update Thanks for responses. Had it yanked into the dealer(not happy) they say looks like cam gear that is press fit on with a keyway has sheared off the teeth or itself completely. Either way not good news for me.